I am still looking for a good one. In the meanwhile, some field notes:
- People reach different conclusions from the same data due to differences in judgement - disagreement does not always result from lack of understanding or poor communication.
- People argue, and mostly about unimportant things, because due to (1) what they judge important you consider trivial.
- Being an expert in a field does not entitle you to expert opinion on everything, something I have to remind myself often.
- People make mistakes, both of professional and interpersonal nature.
- People do a lot more of all the above when lacking proper sleep and rest.
- I am no exception.
I am making some ghastly mistakes, requiring a sincere apology. I wish there was an easy way to cover these with regression tests.